Executive Producer – AJ Plus
- 2014 – present: Part of Al-Jazeera’s research and development arm to turn a broadcast company into a 21st century digital operation
Founding Editor – Circa
- 2012 – 2014: Founding editor and Chief Content Officer of Circa
- Director and founder 2007-2012
- I have organized dozens of events over the years from NewsTools 2008 at Yahoo,
- Networked Journalism Summits at CUNY
- Hardly Strictly Young – Reynolds Journalism Institute at University of Missouri
- TechRaking 1 – Center for Investigative Reporting at Google
- Program Chair for ONA 2012 – Online News Association
- I have also organized Barcamps, Public Media Camps and other open space events.
Lecturer – UC Berkeley
- UC Berkeley School of Journalism – Full Time Lecturer 2011-2012
- Reynolds Institute of Journalism Fellow 2010-2011. I continue to work on Spot.Us.
- Director of distributed reporting.
- Lead blogger
- Left to start Spot.Us but remained an adviser
- NewAssignment.Net Associate/Editor
- Founding Editor and Chief of a citizen journalism Network.
- Has stepped down and is now a regular editor along with several other volunteers.
- Contributing editor – now a member of the nonprofit board.
- Associate Editor
- New York Times
- Seed Magazine (SCROLL DOWN)
- Columbia Journalism Review
- Personal Democracy Forum
- Sacramento Bee
- L Magazine
- Miscellaneous publications
- Neiman Reports
- Daily Californian From my college days
- Matter.vc, NPR 2011 Ethics Committee, Society for Professional Journalists Ethics Committee 2014, ThankThis.com, Publish2.com, NewsWire21, CoPress, SF Public-Press, De Anza Community College Journalism Program, SXSW Accelerator Competition, NewsTrust.Net (TruthSquad) Global Editor’s Network and anyone that contacts me.
In Other Media
- Propeller.com – was a professional social bookmarker for AOL’s community news portal. Also ranked 37th on Digg when that meant something.
- Public Speaking
- Quoted In the News