Every day we’re pushing closer to releasing Circa, and putting it in the hands of readers. Now we are ready to bring on a news team to make it a reality.
Our aim is ambitious: We are re-imagining how news is covered, distributed, and how it’s consumed by readers. The product we’re building is one that, as users, we wished existed. We’re focusing on the facts, unaccompanied by fluff, optimized for a population with short attention spans.
Quality journalism can’t be devoid of people. Thus, we need to bring in smart, savvy news folks. If you are one or know somebody who is – please pass this along.
Circa is hiring contributing editors.
If you aren’t familiar with Circa, it was started by Ben Huh (Cheezburger Network) and Matt Galligan (formerly SimpleGeo, Socialthing), inspired by something Ben devised which he called the Moby Dick Project. Matt, now the CEO, brought on Arsenio Santos, CTO (formerly Sonic Living, Digg) to head up technology.
Under the editorial leadership of David Cohn Circa is looking for contributing editors that;
- Are newshounds and regularly follow the who/what/where/when.
- Have impeccable and fast news judgment.
- Are succinct writers who can rewrite and condense language into crystallized bits of information.
- Are comfortable learning a new content management system.
- Are comfortable and reliable telecommuting.
- Are ready to be a news generalist – following many topics.
- Have an appreciation for journalism’s mission and values without slavish obedience to culture and traditions.
- Have a journalism degree and/or working experience – we’re looking for serious folks.
You can find more details about the job and apply by contacting me: david AT cir dot ca
If you have questions, please send an email to: david [at] cir.ca